Solved

Newsletter Subscriptions and Welcome Emails for Account Registrations

• 15 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Greetings,

I trust this message finds you all in good health.

Having engaged with Klaviyo for over a year now, I am relatively new to this forum. I would like to extend my gratitude in advance for the warm welcome.

I am seeking assistance regarding email marketing integration with Shopify. On my website, I have established a section where visitors can register their email addresses to receive product updates and exclusive offers. These emails are seamlessly added to my newsletter list.

However, a distinct scenario arises when visitors create user accounts on the website without explicitly signing up for newsletters; their purpose is to access the site's features. Unfortunately, the automated welcome series and promotional emails do not trigger for these individuals since they are not included in the newsletter list. Consequently, I am compelled to manually enroll these individuals into the list, causing delays in delivering welcome series or discount communications.

I am eager to know whether there exists a possibility for these users who establish accounts on the website to be automatically included in my newsletter list. This way, the emails can be dispatched to them without manual intervention.

For a clearer understanding, I have attached images that visually elaborate on my concern.

I appreciate your time and assistance in addressing this matter.

First photo for open an account, second for newsletter

icon

Best answer by David To 15 August 2023, 16:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Neal,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

However, a distinct scenario arises when visitors create user accounts on the website without explicitly signing up for newsletters; their purpose is to access the site's features. Unfortunately, the automated welcome series and promotional emails do not trigger for these individuals since they are not included in the newsletter list. Consequently, I am compelled to manually enroll these individuals into the list, causing delays in delivering welcome series or discount communications.

I am eager to know whether there exists a possibility for these users who establish accounts on the website to be automatically included in my newsletter list. This way, the emails can be dispatched to them without manual intervention.

I would strongly advise against manually subscribing/enrolling contacts into your list based on your scenario. Since these users have not explicitly shared consent to be added to a list to receive marketing materials, this is against Klaviyo’s terms of service and acceptable use policy. Not to mention it violates a number of regulations including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, just to name a few. 

I would highly recommend removing and unsubscribing those contacts you’ve manually subscribed to your list

To allow users who register and create an account the option to also opt into your marketing lists, you’ll need to add an Accepts Marketing checkbox to your registration form. This will help pass the proper consent by allowing registrants to either mark or not mark the accepts marketing checkbox during their registration process. 

Check out our How to sync Shopify account registration customers to a list Help Center article which offer guidance on how to set this up accordingly. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Thank you for your help David,
As we delve into the experimental phase of our website's development, we are actively testing various structures and functionalities to refine the user experience. During this stage, the email addresses used for registration are meticulously managed by our team, ensuring that there are no concerns or security threats associated with their usage. Please rest assured that the registration process and the data involved are well-contained within our controlled environment.(and the emails registered in this way are for us, so there is no problem in this regard)

I am grateful for the realization that has arisen from this circumstance, prompting us to take appropriate action. Rest assured, we are committed to implementing necessary adjustments based on this insight to further enhance our processes.

The only question that remains is how can I send a welcome email to people who open an account on the site, is it possible?
PS= I would like to draw your attention to a pertinent matter: my account has regrettably been deactivated. It is my belief that this action was a consequence of the aforementioned misunderstanding concerning the purpose of the registered emails. As previously elucidated, these registrations were undertaken solely for testing purposes, particularly since the website has yet to be formally launched. In light of this context, I am optimistic that a resolution to this predicament can be attained. Your kind assistance in this regard would be deeply appreciated.

Hello @Neal,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I would strongly advise against manually subscribing/enrolling contacts into your list based on your scenario. Since these users have not explicitly shared consent to be added to a list to receive marketing materials, this is against Klaviyo’s terms of service and acceptable use policy. Not to mention it violates a number of regulations including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL, just to name a few. 

I would highly recommend removing and unsubscribing those contacts you’ve manually subscribed to your list

To allow users who register and create an account the option to also opt into your marketing lists, you’ll need to add an Accepts Marketing checkbox to your registration form. This will help pass the proper consent by allowing registrants to either mark or not mark the accepts marketing checkbox during their registration process. 

Check out our How to sync Shopify account registration customers to a list Help Center article which offer guidance on how to set this up accordingly. 

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Neal,

You can have users who register and open an account receive a Welcome series by incorporating an Accepts Marketing checkbox to your registration form. By including this checkbox, users who tick this box during the registration process would be added to a list as designated through your Shopify integration. By being added to the list, they’ll then trigger a welcome series flow. 

In addition to the How to sync Shopify account registration customers to a list Help Center article I previously linked, I think you’ll fin dit helpful to review our Getting started with Shopify and How to create an email welcome series articles. 

If your account has been deactivated, I would recommend reaching out to our wonderful Support colleagues to investigate this further. 

David