Solved

Segmenting by Engagement Percentage

• 24 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I’ve seen a lot of questions regarding on segmenting your audience by engagement in terms of days but is there a way to segment your audience by percentage? Say I want to email a group that opens emails 75% to 100% of the time more often than I email a group that opens 25% to 50% of the time. 

icon

Best answer by David To 26 November 2021, 21:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @DesireeL,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

At present there wouldn’t be a way to segment your audiences based on the percentages of times your customer has opened emails. However, despite not being able to segment based on percentage points, you can come close to seeing how engaged contacts are based on the number of emails they have received in a given time frame and how many emails were opened. From there, you should be able to manually calculate the percentage out. 

For example, if you had a segment definition of “What someone has done, received email equals 10 times in the last 30 days AND opened at least 7 times in the last 30 days” this would mean the contacts caught by this segment would have an open rate of 70% or greater in the last 30 days. Although this is not a true accurate representation of one’s engagement level and open rate, it will come close to achieving your goal of segmentation by percentages. 

I would further recommend taking a look at some Help Center articles Klaviyo offers on the subject of segmenting for engagement. I’ve included some below for your convenience:

I hope this helps!

David