Solved

Signup Form and existing subscriber notice

• 2 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

i would like to achieve:

If an existing subscriber tries to resubmit a Signup Form he should be informed that she or he is already subscribed. This can be a follow up Popup or an automated email with the info: “you are already subscribed”.

What i tried already:

• checking Signupform preferences (no success

Any ideas how to accomplish?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by David To 2 June 2021, 17:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Frank,

Great question!
At this time, Klaviyo forms do not have the functionality to create an alert if someone is already an existing subscribed to your Lists. 

Some plausible work around to this would be enabling the signup form targeting setting of Don’t show to existing Klaviyo profiles. By enabling this setting in your signup form, it would prevent the form from appearing for customers who are recognized as already being existing members of your Klaviyo account. Alternatively, you can also use the Target visitors by list or segment setting and exclude customers who are already existing subscribers of your particular list. You can learn more about all the available signup form settings and targeting behaviors from the Overview of the Signup Form Builder article. 

Another solution would be to build your own custom signup form while leveraging Klaviyo’s track and identify APi to evaluate the subscriber’s list membership to trigger that alert message or not. Since this would be a custom solution, I would recommend working with a developer you are familiar with or finding a Klaviyo partner who can assist you in this endeavor. Resources Klaviyo have on this custom solution can be found below:

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey David,

thank you for your reply.

I played with targeting settings and they seem to work as long as there are the cookies. Looks like some of the customers delete those cookies regularly and trigger the popup every time. (My Guess)

So need to check that custom signup path ...

Thank you David