Skip to main content
Solved

Suppressed Profiles NOT Suppressed

• 20 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I recently moved to Klaviyo, and brought across our emails from another tool.   Seemed odd that all 12500 emails were active when brought over.   Then we’ve been trying to suppress the 2200 from before that are unsubscribed.

We tried with a CSV file imported - that didnt work.   We tried by setting up a list called “unsubscribed from before” and clicking for these to be suppressed.   That also hasn’t worked.

We now have 12500 profiles when we should have about 10300.  It seems something odd happening  and contacted  support but  no solution yet.
Any ideas why this happening?, And what can be done to fix it?

Thx 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Bemo,

Welcome to the Klaviyo community!

Hmm that does sound like a strange issue. If you have followed the steps to bulk suppress profiles (instructions here) and the profiles are still not coming through as suppressed I would recommend contacting Klaviyo support through this page to troubleshoot this with you.

I hope that helps! 

Thanks
David

Badge

Hi David,

Yes I followed the instructions and have already contacted Klaviyo support (yesterday).  So far nothing has worked.

Thanks

Andrew

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Bemo,

No worries - hopefully support will get back to you soon - this definitely sounds like a bug.

One other thought - is there anything in the customer (just pick one from that list) timeline that shows the suppression? 

Normally in the events it will show the suppression happening:

Just in case there is another application un-suppresing the customer.

Thanks
David

Badge

The quite unsatisfactory response from support is that whilst I was setting up Klaviyo I manually suppressed 2k profiles, then I manually imported and subscribed 12k profiles that included the 2k I’d already supressed.  I was still working out how things worked tbh.

Then bizarrely...”on klaviyo accounts created on or after April 2nd, 2024, once a profile has been manually suppressed, if that same profile becomes unsurpressed it cannot be manually suppressed again within 90 days”...

This seems quite ridiculous really - the only reason I can see for not allowing anyone to manually suppress profiles for 90 days is to keep the active profiles up and hence the monthly fees!