Solved

What is the definition for Active Profiles?

• 10 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out why the the number of active profiles under Profiles does not match the Active Customers segment I use. What are the definitions Klaviyo uses for active profiles?

I only send email to the Active Customers segment, which has 5694 subscribers, but Profiles show I have 13,142 active profiles.

I’ve tried cleaning up all lists and suppressing anyone who hasn’t been active in the last year or doesn’t respond to my Sunset Unengaged Flow, but that doesn’t seem to have affected the Active profile count.

The Segment definitions I have for active customers are:

• placed order at least once in the last 52 weeks
  • or last active in the last 120 days
  • or was added in the last 180 days
  • person is not suppressed

I would like to pay for a plan that reflects the actual number of customers I’m sending email to.

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 10 February 2023, 07:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@lbd 

The difference between your segment and actual Active Profiles in the Profiles tab is:

As you said this is your segment:

• placed order at least once in the last 52 weeks
  • or last active in the last 120 days
  • or was added in the last 180 days

And this is the definition of Active Profiles:

So basically everyone who was added to your Klaviyo account ever and is not suppressed will be shown in the active profiles. And your segment seems to have definitions about actually being active on your website. 

So again Active Profiles doesn’t mean they are active in their actions recently, it just means people at some point subscribed to your Klaviyo account and are still not suppressed.

Badge +1

Thank you for the clarification, @Bobi N.