Solved

Why is My Non-opener segment not pulling the correct people?

• 16 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello, in my account I have a “60 day non-opener segment” and here’s the definition

1. Opened email 0 times in last 60 days or
  2. Clicked email 0 times in last 60 days
  3. and is not surpressed
  4. and has received email at least once over all time

when I clicked into the list, it included people who just subscribed to my list like 30 minutes ago! It doesn’t make sense to consider them non-openers if she has only got the first email and happened to have not opened it within the first 30 minutes!

How do you all set up your non-opener list to prevent this from happening?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 17 December 2021, 16:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Forest_Green

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy you’re here! I can definitely understand not wanting your ‘unengaged 60-day’ segment to pull new subscribers in, I’m happy to help! 

Segments will dynamically pull in anyone that meets the proper criteria, so it’s important that it’s set up correctly to successfully catch only the specific grouping you have in mind. These subscribers are being pulled into the segment even though they’re ‘new’ because they technically meet the criteria, meaning they might not have opened their first email from your brand yet.

In order to try to capture true ‘60-day non-openers’ in this segment, I would add a time frame to when they were added to a specific list, as shown below in a screenshot from our Help Center Documentation on 

Unengaged Segments.  By adding a time frame of being added ‘at least ___ days ago’ will more accurately pull those who have had the change to engage with your emails, but truly haven’t. 

Thanks for participating in our Community!

-Taylor