Solved

Why is the new editor seem to be slow?

Badge +1

I am literally tearing my hair out.  Is there anyone there at Klaviyo in a support role? The entire app is SO dang slow I'm literally about to punch the screen. I'm using the new template editor but it's never been THIS Bad before. Wondering right now why I switched from mailchimp. What should have been a 10 min task has turned into over an hour and I'm literally making no progress at all. I wanted to send this email tonight but am looking at not being able to do anything at all given it’s like pulling teeth. Anyone else in the same boat or can suggest a fix??????????

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 25 November 2022, 21:54

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

​Hi @kylie and welcome to the Community!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these performance issues! May I ask if there are specific features of the editor that are especially slow, or is the overall experience slower than normal?

As an initial suggestion, I would recommend the following:

I can completely empathize with the frustration that accompanies performance issues, and it will definitely help me to understand the issue better if we could identify the specific areas of concern (i.e. text editing, image uploading, formatting, etc.). Additionally, this Help Center article details the Support avenues that are available for each type of plan.

I hope this helps and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Lols love the completely unhelpful cut and paste reply but thanks anyway. I got this:

Hi Kylie, 

Thanks for your response. My name is Jordyn and I'll be taking over for Hilary today. 

I can see from your photo that you're using Chrome. Could you please try using the Incognito Chrome browser with your Klaviyo and letting me know if you see improvement? 

It's possible that some of your Chrome extensions are impacting how Klaviyo loads. Please let me know how Incognito works for you and have a great weekend.

Best,
Jordyn at Klaviyo Support

If you guys know extensions make klaviyo basically unusable in chrome are you fixing that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @kylie,

I’m glad you were able to get in touch with Support - I can also assure you that our product team is constantly working on improving our customer’s experience, including our editing features. Since our new editor is more powerful and supports more features, it inherently requires a larger caching space, which is why we recommend clearing it when things get slower. 

I genuinely appreciate your feedback, and thanks again for using the Community.

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

It’s the same for everyone - just can’t scroll down without having to wait every single time - it’s hopeless.  What is being done about this please?  It is not acceptable sorry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Cath Clark

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that this is frustrating for you!

Improvements are currently being made to the New Editor to address performance issues and other bugginess!

As such, our first line of attack here will be some troubleshooting tasks Brian explained earlier:

1. Clear cache and cookies
  2. Test in a private browser
  3. Ensure your browser is updated; after updating (if needed), restart with a fresh browsing session

Are you experiencing slowness even after taking these steps? 

-Taylor

Badge +1

I’ve been having this problem for months using Safari on a Mac.  I changed to Chrome on a Mac and it has resolved the speed issues.  Perhaps Klaviyo Tech can work out what is slowing down the dashboard in Safari?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @navaho,

Thanks for sharing that feedback! I’ll be sure to route it upwards to our Product Team. 

I would also suggest double checking to see if cookies and caches and/or extensions are playing a role in the performance. 

David

Badge +3

Having the same problem in all browsers and have tried all the suggestions from support (hard reset, incognito etc.) with absolutely no improvement. It’s completely unmanageable.

We are about 10 seconds away from choosing another platform. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @CentralMarketing,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing a similar issue. 

In addition to using incognito mode and clearing your cache, I would further suggest disabling all extensions and/or anti-viral softwares you may be running to see if that helps. In my experience, some extensions and software will still run across multiple browsers and in incognito mode.

You may also want to check to see if you have any network blockers in place - especially if you either using a company laptop and/or on a corporate network/VPN. 

David

Badge +3

David, since we use this for corporate work, it’s kind of impossible to disable the blockers/VPN for work… as I imagine it is for anyone using this for business. As for disabling anti-virus software, again, this isn’t allowed by our company. So your answer really just says “don’t use Klaviyo for business” which renders it pretty much useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @CentralMarketing,

Apologies if my message came off that way. I did not intend to suggest disabling those network blockers or VPN. Instead, I was highlighting this aspect in your investigation of what might be a contributing factor to your slowness issue.

While this might not be an option to all, some customers have shared that they were able to work alongside their internal IT/network administrators to resolve their issues, as various companies can customize their network and VPN permissions.

My intention was to share this experience along by offering you an additional area to investigate and a potential solution. However, I am sorry to hear if this option is not available to you. Again, I appreciate your feedback and will relay this feedback back to our product team. 

David

Any updates on tis topic?

I’m still finding the editor incredible slow and sometimes almost unresponsive.

Also seem to have an issue where i update a content block but the update doesn’t get saved and I have to update it again.

Can we have the old Klaviyo back please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @BJK

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing slowness with our editor! 

Have you tried our following troubleshooting steps to improve performance? 

• Clear cache and cookies
  • Test in a private browser
  • Ensure your browser is updated; after updating (if needed), restart with a fresh browsing session
  • Switch from Safari → Chrome

I will relay your feedback to our product team! 

-Taylor

is there anyway of turning off the autosave feature? That seems to be my issue, I feel like i’m being held back by getting things done quickly as the editor keeps trying to save everything I’m doing

Badge +3

wow, I’ve just transferred my list from Mailerlite to Klaviyo and I am amazed at how slow the platform is? I thought I was moving to a more professional platform, but as it stands after an hour I’m still trying to write my warm up email which would normally take 15 mins max. 

Is this normal?

Even loading my logo to a template has taken me so long that I shut the whole thing down and started again only to find its totally stuck at 3px and just wont change??

I have done this so far with absolutely no change:

• Clear cache and cookies
  • Test in a private browser
  • browser is updated
  • Switch from Safari → Chrome

Please any useful advice? because at this rate, I may as well go back to mailerlite or flodesk or something.