Solved

Add block to sign up

• 20 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, How do you add a new block to the sign up form, when I click on new block and sign up form to add it won’t add? trying to add a multi check question

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 20 March 2023, 14:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Modest Mermaid ,

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help you get started with building your sign-up form. 

In the sign-up form editor, click on the Add Blocks tab to see the different blocks that you can add to your form. To add a new Block to the form, you will need to click and drag the Form Elements or Input Fields you wish to add. When you drag and drop a block, editing options will appear in the left-hand sidebar. Here, you can configure the details of that block, including any text and styling, as well as which devices the block will show on if you want to use dynamic blocks.

You can learn more about blocks in sign-up forms in this Help Center guide: Understanding form blocks and fields

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +1

Thanks but I know to do this what I am asking is it won’t add the element I am trying to when i drag it across?

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Modest Mermaid

You mentioned the block was the multi check question, I double checked this component and was unable to reproduce the issue. Can you clarify what happens when you try to drag the block into the form? Also where specifically are you trying to add this block within the form?

~Chloe

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Modest Mermaid thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! 

I’ve noticed that sometimes when pulling blocks into a form that depending on the padding and margins of other elements in the form, it is sometimes hard to place the block where you want it to go. 

One little trick that I’ve learned is to make the size of the form bigger temporarily so you can add your new block easier, and then you can change the form size back and adjust the padding and margins as @Ashley I. posted above. 

Hope this helps!