Solved

Auto fill location?

• 19 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Is there a way to have a text input field auto-fill?

I would like users to fill in the area they are located, such as suburb. 
Many forms have an auto-fill feature where the user starts writing the suburb, and the options appear.

This helps to remove spelling errors and thus creating a new location which should actually be an existing location.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 19 January 2022, 16:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @fandf

Welcome to the Community! We are so happy you’re here! 

I can definitely understand the benefit of having this functionality in a form, unfortunately, auto-fill text input fields isn’t a feature we have available at the present. I’d be more than happy to submit a feature request on your behalf!

A potential workaround would be to input value field options into a drop down menu for your customers to choose a certain suburb. You can add the option ‘Other’ as a Dropdown option if theirs isn’t an option. If you want to know every customer’s exact suburb and do not a general ‘other’ input, you could add an additional text field that asks for them to manually input their suburb if they chose other’ in the dropdown or create a segment-triggered flow from the segment of users who chose ‘other’ and ask them to update their location on their preference page through the  manage preference tag — {% manage_preferences %} 

As a last option, you could  manually build out a custom legacy form with custom coding to incorporateI  this. You would need to contact your developer or  an awesome klaviyo partner  to review our legacy form which is a blank code they can use to build a form from scratch and they may be able to track or set this data.  Unfortunately, neither Support or the Community can help troubleshoot custom coding. 

Thanks for your participation in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Thank you so much for your reply. 

Yes please, a feature like that souks be great so please submit a request - I appreciate it. 

I'll have a look through your links and suggestions. 

Thanks again.