Solved

Can I have two different sign up forms in two different websites?

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello everyone

I am just getting started on Klaviyo. I have been tasked with creating a pop up sign up form for two different websites. I already got one working perfectly but the second one is giving me trouble, for the second website is the same as the one for the first one. The code snipet is the same.

(Website number 2 with the pop up from website numer 1)

icon

Best answer by David To 21 April 2023, 22:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Mercedes

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

To clarify, do you mean to say that you took the snippet code from one embed from and pasted it on two different websites? 

Additionally, are there two websites subdomains or a different URL of one website? 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Hi Taylor!

I took the snipet code from the Sign Up page. (as shown in the picture)

Its two completely different websites.

I found a solution in the forum, I found that thru the behaviors panel I could limit on which URL´s I want to show certain pop ups. I dont know if there is another way though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Mercedes,

Are both of these websites ecommerce stores? Or is one for ecommerce and the second a blog?

If you have two completely different websites for ecommerce, it’s best to have two separate Klaviyo accounts - one for each site. 

Although it’s possible to have two different signup forms from one Klaviyo account used on two different sites, you will have to control their URL targeting as you’ve noticed in order to have the correct form show up on the site you want. In addition to recording an active onsite event, the Klaviyo.js code that’s installed on your site is meant to trigger all signup forms. For this reason, when you have both an ecommerce site and a blog site, but want to ensure only a certain form appears for each site, you’ll need to define the URL targeting in the form settings. 

Also, keep in mind that in addition to installing the Klaviyo.js snippet, if you’re using an embedded form that you need to manually install that form code as well!

I would also suggest checking out some of the resources I’ve included below which discusses topics such as: why it’s beneficial to have multiple Klaviyo accounts when you have multiple ecommerce sites.

David