Solved

Creating a sign up form to collect birthday and birthday flow

• 16 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have created the sign up form with the date property DD/MM/YYY. However, when I test it out by inputing birthday on shopify website, it dosent add the details to the profile on Klaviyo.

icon

Best answer by Dov 18 January 2022, 19:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Enoch 

Not sure if this is the problem maybe but make sure that form also has an email field so it will know what profile to update..

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Enoch,

Thanks for sharing this question and thank you @Bobi N. for your helpful reply.

@Enoch

Not sure if this is the problem maybe but make sure that form also has an email field so it will know what profile to update..

In addition to Bobi’s recommendation, I recommend double-checking that you have in fact selected a birthday property in the Klaviyo sign-up form under Profile Property. This can be accessed by clicking on the Date input block.

If this property does not yet exist, you can create a net-new property by typing it in and clicking Create Option.

As an added tip, if you decide to track birthday in multiple forms or through other sources, ensure that they’re all mapped to the same birthday property, otherwise it can make segmentation and building date-triggered flows more challenging.

I hope that helps resolve the issue!