Solved

Discount Code Showing Before Subscriber Confirms

• 1 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hello,

new to Klaviyo and providing discount code when customer subscribes. I create list w/double-opt in. However, when I tested the sign-up the discount code immediately appeared after submitting my email address in the form. 

How to prevent discount code from being visible/available until AFTER subscriber confirms via email?

icon

Best answer by retention 2 August 2023, 08:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @SDH, glad to see you back here in the community.

If you want to simply remove the discount code from your Signup Form, and I’m assuming you’re using the Klaviyo Signup Form, simply go to the “Success” tab of the Signup Form and remove the Coupon Code block and write a message like “Check your inbox for your Coupon Code!” Here’s a quick screenshot:

Next, you’ll want to make sure you have a Welcome Flow to send them their first email with their coupon code once they subscribed.

I recommend you use a unique coupon code (aka dynamic coupon code) so that you can generate a new coupon code for each user and limit the coupon code to be used once per new subscriber.  As a bonus, you can specify how long coupons can be used before they expire as they are generated.  This give you a great opportunity to remind them before they expire which can drive more urgency to make a purchase.

Here’s a few resources that might be useful for you:

Hope tha helps!

Badge

Yes, I use Klaviyo. However, my oversight in not stating I use a pop-up sign-up form not a Klaviyo subscribe page. Pop-up immediately triggers/provides discount code when customer submits the form. 

Badge

Hi @SDH, glad to see you back here in the community.

If you want to simply remove the discount code from your Signup Form, and I’m assuming you’re using the Klaviyo Signup Form, simply go to the “Success” tab of the Signup Form and remove the Coupon Code block and write a message like “Check your inbox for your Coupon Code!” Here’s a quick screenshot:

Next, you’ll want to make sure you have a Welcome Flow to send them their first email with their coupon code once they subscribed.

I recommend you use a unique coupon code (aka dynamic coupon code) so that you can generate a new coupon code for each user and limit the coupon code to be used once per new subscriber.  As a bonus, you can specify how long coupons can be used before they expire as they are generated.  This give you a great opportunity to remind them before they expire which can drive more urgency to make a purchase.

Here’s a few resources that might be useful for you:

Hope tha helps!

Yes, I use Klaviyo. However, my oversight in not stating I use a pop-up sign-up form not a Klaviyo subscribe page. Pop-up immediately triggers/provides discount code when customer submits the form. 

Badge

How to set it up so that discount code is delivered by email AFTER the customer confirms subscription by email?