Solved

Eliminating Confirmation Emails in Klaviyo?

Badge

I'm setting up a signup form on my website for a popup email newsletter. Currently, after users enter their email, they receive a discount code, but they also get a 'Confirm your subscription' email to activate emails and offers. I want to skip this confirmation email so that users are subscribed immediately upon entering their email. Can I do this in Klaviyo, and is it allowed by their policies?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 4 May 2024, 10:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @shawn0564 

Yes, you can stop these opt-in confirmation emails and it is allowed by Klaviyo, though they recommend doube opt-in.

You have a choice to set opt-in as single or double across the whole account and at the list level. In your case, you have double opt-in enabled. More info here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251108

To change to single opt-in at the list level, go to your list and under ‘settings’ click ‘consent’. You’ll see the setting as below.

Note that the advantage of double opt-in is that it helps maintain a clean list by ensuring only valid emails are captured as it will exclude malformed emails and bots. The downside is that double opt-in will reduce email capture to your list as it relies on the recipient clicking the confirmation email for them to be added to it.

Hope that helps

Regards

Andy

Badge

@bluesnapper 

1. Thank you for your response. I have two more queries:

• I recently changed my Shopify store's domain name and have a customer list from the old domain. If I upload this list to Klaviyo and send emails through my new domain using Klaviyo, will it work smoothly, or are there any potential issues with Klaviyo?
  2. Can I purchase leads and send emails through Klaviyo by uploading them?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  1. @shawn0564 

No technical issues, but there will be issues if your customers don’t recognize the new brand name and think you’re spamming them.

2. No, it will get you banned.