Solved

Exit-intent Pop-up showing up twice

• 23 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We have set up a popup form to display on our client’s shopify website when a user’s mouse leaves the page.

However, instead of a single form popping up, there are 2 identical forms overlaying each other. If you click close on one form (or fill it in), the second form is still there underneath.

I’ve tried setting the form to both “Show immediately on page load” and “Show X seconds after page load”, and only a single form appears for those. It appears to be only the exit intent it happens on.

icon

Best answer by matt.kennedy 27 June 2022, 01:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @matt.kennedy,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I would first suggest double checking to see if you happen to have two of the same signup forms published from your Klaviyo account. It’s not uncommon to have similar designed signup form in the same account. I know from my own experience, I’ve went through several iterations of my own signup forms with similar designs for testing. It’s not surprising if you’ve accidentally published these forms for testing and may have forgetting to switch them back to draft. 

Additionally, this can occur if you’ve accidentally connected a separate Klaviyo account to the same website. If there are two Klaviyo accounts linked to the same site and there are signup forms built out in both, the signup forms published in both Klaviyo accounts will be published on the same site. @Spark Bridge Digital LLC and @Dov spoke more to this in the Community post I’ve linked below:

On a similar note, sometimes one (or both) of the signup form(s) isn’t even a Klaviyo built one but rather a third-party form. Just like how you’ll want to double check to make sure you don’t have duplicate forms Live, you’ll want to ensure you don’t have any additional third-party providers whose forms are present to alleviate this situation. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Thank you for the reply David,

We only have the one popup form active on the website at a time. We did create this new form by cloning the previous one, could that be the issue? The new form sends to a different List than the old one, and the old one has been set to draft.

It is definitely the same popup form being displayed twice, rather than 2 different popup forms (not a 3rd party form), and we only have the one Klaviyo account for this client.

It’s only happening when the form is set as Exit-intent. It doesn’t happen when the form is set to open on page load, or after X amount of time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @matt.kennedy,

That certainly seems like an odd behavior then if you’ve gone through those checks!

I may suggest reaching out to our awesome Support colleagues to investigate this behavior further. They’ll be able to rule out if this is a bug or not and provide additional next steps. 

If they’ve determined that this is not a bug, I’d be curious to learn what the cause of this was so other Community members can also learn from this experience as well! 

David

Badge +1

Thank you David, I will look into that.

In the meantime, I used CSS to hide the second popup.

When the popup happens it adds a plain <div> to the bottom of the HTML, with no class or ID to target. So when 2 popups happen, it adds 2x <div>s.

I found the last <div> element, in this case it was #chat-widget-container, and then added this CSS:

#chat-widget-container + div + div {
 display: none;
}

This targets the last div, but only if there are 2 of them.

It’s not a perfect solution, but it does the job for now.