Solved

Firing Custom Facebook Event (Sever-Side) After Singup

• 4 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I know you can fire a client-side custom facebook event once a user signs up using a klaviyo form by wiring the the ‘klaviyoForms’ event handler but I wanted to see if it’s possible to this server-sideby having Klaviyo trigger FB’s JS call server side or by somehow wiring Klaviyo to make a conversions api call to fire the facebook custom event instead..

The reason for this is that on ios 14+, fb events can be blocked client side so you’d have to fire fb’s javascript library server side or fire the fb event using the conversions api.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 16 November 2022, 04:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @SharonSTP,

If I’m understanding your use case correctly, I would initially suggest that you look into our Track Klaviyo form activity using JavaScript Help Center Article to get started, as discussed in this Community post:

As far as configuring the call to Facebook server-side, I will check with our engineering team and reply to thread if they know of any possibilities there.

Thanks for being a Community Member!

- Brian

Badge +2

Hi @Brian Turcotte thanks for the response.  Thanks for the link to the documentation, I’m already aware of it and read it through thoroughly and it unfortunately doesn’t offer an insight on how to do a sever-side call to the FB’s tracking API unfortunately.  Thanks for checking with the engineering team.

Badge +2

@Brian Turcotte any luck with the engineering team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @SharonSTP,

There is a server-side API endpoint where you are able to create a custom event that’s documented here:

Create Event

If this isn’t the same type of metric that you intended by “custom Facebook event,” would you be willing to clarify a little more about your use case and the behavior of the event you are trying to create? 

Thank you!

- Brian