Solved

How can I make sure users don't get confirmation subscription emails?

• 21 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I would like customers to directly get the emails from my flows from cart abandonment/ checkout abandonment. Is it possible for them to get these emails directly instead of an email asking them to confirm there subscribtion. Is there a box/ consent form I can add to my sign up forms so they get the marketing I would like them to?

Any help is appreciated

Beauty Factory

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 21 August 2023, 23:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Axel_TTa

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help!

Users get a second email confirming their subscription to your brand’s marketing if the list connected to your signup form is set to Double opt-in. If you change your list setting to single opt-in instead, you can do so on in the List’s settings page. Then, users will be immediately added to your list and sent to the flows the list is connected to. Users will only get a subscription confirmation email once for ever double opt-in list they sign up to and then never again. It should be noted that it is considered best practice to set your list to double opt in. I’d investigate these threads to gain more insight on the topic! 

Finally, I’d recommend checking out these resources to help you learn more about Klaviyo and build a strong foundation.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @Axel_TTa!

Welcome to the Klaviyo community.

This is based on the actual list that your customers are added to when they enter your Klaviyo account. To edit these settings, go into your list → settings → Consent → Opt-in process:

The list that is being used is controlled through the integration with your eCom platform - example on Shopify:

Integrations → Shopify

Note: It is important to keep clear differentiation in your other (non-transactional emails) to exclude customers that have only gone through an Abandon Cart without signing up for your campaigns - especially relevant for certain jurisdictions. More information about consent can be found here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037101072