Solved

Popup is collecting emails but not subscribing in shopify?

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey guys, have been using Klaviyo for about a month now and on my Klaviyo dashboard it says over 3000 people have entered their email, but in Shopify when I send emails, it only sends to 1300 people.

When I check my customer list I have all of the people from Klaviyo signups but set to ‘Not Subscribed’. Just wondering what I need to do to a) make the new signups automatically email subscribers, and b) subscribe all of the people who have already entered their emails.

Hopefully this makes sense, and hope someone can help!

Cheers

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 17 August 2023, 11:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @wellykicksnz 

3k subscribers in a month - congrats!

To your issue: 

Have you enabled your Shopify sync settings? The Shopify sync is necessary to keep your opt-ins and unsubscribes aligned on Shopify/Klaviyo. 

More info here on Shopify to Klaviyo sync and here on Klaviyo to Shopify sync

In Shopify when a contact opts-in to marketing, usually during the purchase process or a Shopify web form, the Shopify property 'Accepts Marketing' is set to 'true'. 

When a contact opt-ins via a Klaviyo form and is added to your target list, the Klaviyo property 'Email' is set to 'Subscribed' for that contact. 

Without the sync, there will be instances where a contact is 'opt-in' on Shopify and 'never subscribed' on Klaviyo, and vice versa. This sounds like it’s your issue.

Note that when the Shopify >> Klaviyo sync is enabled, it only syncs Shopify opt-ins to your chosen Klaviyo list "moving forward". Any Shopify opt-ins before the sync is enabled will still be 'never subscribed' in Klaviyo, unless they have also subscribed via Klaviyo.

To ensure you are considering ALL opt-ins when sending a Klaviyo campaign, create a 'Contact (opt-in)' segment that includes 'Accepts Marketing' = 'true' OR is in [your Klaviyo opt-in list(s)]

I believe the Klaviyo to Shopify sync backfills data to Shopify, however, I only ever send campaigns via Klaviyo, not Shopify, so please check that.

Hope that helps!

Andy