Solved

Updating Profile property with sign up form

• 11 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hey all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

I’ve created a sign up form specifically targeting a segment where [Birthday] is unknown. 

Now for my questions:

1. Do I need to add e-mail even though I already have this if I want the profile to be updated?
  2. Once they submit, will the profile be updated, or will I have simply have duplicated profile but now with Birthday Info?

Or do I simply close down the form after they submit without ‘submitting it to any form’ as shown in the screenshot below:

Appreciate your time reading this.

Have a great day,

Sammy

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 12 February 2024, 16:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @SammyAwad89

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

If you want to get this information for those who are already in your main list, but the birthday is unknown, you can set this form to show to only those in this birthday unknown segment and who are already in your main list in the behaviors & targeting part of your form.

When you show to already known users in your Klaviyo account, you don’t need to have the email property on your form as it will already be known for those who see the form, so you can add this as the ‘profile information’ step in your form. In this step, once the user adds this information, it will be added to their already existing profile, and the button’s step should say ‘Submit Form’ and then it will close.  I’d make sure that you ask for their birthday in a Klaviyo approved format, and then you will be good to go!

Additionally, these threads might be helpful in leveling up your birthday flow game! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Thanks a lot Taylor!