Solved

Back in stock not working

• 25 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I'm really interested in using the Shopify back in stock feature listed here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001895651-How-to-Install-Back-in-Stock-for-Shopify

However on my site it shows on every variant instead of just the sold out ones, and the submit button doesn't lead to anything. Is there a fix for this? I’ve had a look at different posts but couldn’t find a solution. I'm using showcase if that helps!

Thank you!

Edit: also the URL does change so I believe the variants are being recognised 

icon

Best answer by David To 26 August 2021, 16:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Olivia9,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

At this time, the Klaviyo back in stock function is built to only work with any of the basic free Shopify themes listed in the Back in Stock Styling Code Snippets for Free Shopify Themes Help Center article seamlessly. This doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to implement this for third-party or custom themes with Shopify though!

These third-party and custom theme developers are not required to follow the same guidelines that allow Klaviyo's back-in-stock feature to function correctly. Although Klaviyo is unable to offer a custom solution for these custom or third party themes, the theme developer will oftentimes be able to help with this implementation or provide guidance on a solution. Alternatively, you can also reach out to one of our many approved partners from an extensive network of agency partners for further assistance in customizing the Klaviyo back in stock code or your website’s theme code for this feature to work appropriately. 

If you end up working with a developer, you also have the option to build a fully customized solution. Klaviyo’s Back In Stock feature works by sending an event metric into Klaviyo which triggers a flow. You just need to send the Variant ID, Product ID, and email address. All of this can be custom-built using our open API to work with your website. You can learn more about this from the Shopify Back in Stock for Developers guide we offer.

Otherwise, there are other back-in-stock solutions supported through Shopify that you can find through their apps section. Here is a link to their site: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=back+in+stock

An additional cause as to why the back in stock model displaying for all variants may be caused by your inventory rules. As I’ve detailed in the Back in Stock Flow - "Continue selling when out of stock" Community post, Klaviyo’s back in stock works by detecting your catalog’s inventory levels and triggers on your site when the product/variant’s inventory level is zero. If you sell made to order products or digital goods whose inventory is not being tracked, Klaviyo’s back in stock model would recognize this as out of stock and appear on your website. 

I hope this helps!

David