Solved

Newsletter subscription opt-in rate

• 10 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I checked what percentage of people who opt-in for my newsletter actually confirmed received our newsletter. By creating a segment with the following definition:

Properties about someone:

$consent_form_id is in [my pop-up].

I found out that only 36,23% of the people who dropped their e-mail address in my pop-up gave consent by confirming there sign up. I was wondering what the benchmark percentage is and if people have tried to increase this percentage? 

I have the feeling that my percentage is really low and curious how to improve this. 

icon

Best answer by David To 10 August 2021, 19:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @thijmencla,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

At this time Klaviyo does not have benchmarks available indicating the average email subscription and consent rate. I’ll certainly share this feedback with our Product and Data Science team! 

Out of curiosity, how are you calculating that opt-in rate using that segment definition of “Properties about someone, $Consent_Form_ID equals X”? Do you happen to be comparing it to the number of contacts found in the list that the signup form is connected to?

If so, this may be skewing some of your data as customers may have joined that list through a variety source and not just that specific signup form. Instead, I would suggest create two segments, one with the definition you are using and another with the definition of: “Properties about someone, $Consent_Form_ID equals X AND If someone is or is not in a list, person is in X list”. This second segment will capture all customers who have filled out this specifically form and have confirmed their double opt-in subscription to end up in the specific list.

Then using the results captured by these two segments, you would calculate the opt-in rate with the following formula:

I would also love to hear thoughts from other Klaviyo Community members on this topic as well!

In addition, if you interested in learning more about your Klaviyo signup form analytics and it’s submission rates, I would recommend taking a look at the Signup Form Analytics Help Center article which dives into this topic!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David