Solved

Flows not triggering for SMS signup

• 21 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi - I set up two flows for SMS signups. I am receiving the “opt in” text but it’s not sending the Flow sms with the promo code on it…has anyone else had this problem? 

icon

Best answer by David To 21 July 2023, 17:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @jackievrice,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Did you just get started with Klaviyo and/or SMS? If so, then chances are your SMS sending number isn’t verified yet - which is why your SMS messages aren’t sending. Toll-free numbers that are unverified will be rejected by wireless carriers. 

We highly recommend waiting for your SMS number to be verified prior to turning your SMS flow messages live. Especially for list or segment triggered flows since users would only be eligible for those flows once. This means users who entered the flow and was supposed to receive the SMS message while your number was unverified will be rejected and would not be eligible to receive the flow again. 

During the SMS verification process, you’ll still be able to collect SMS consent from your visitors though to build up your list.

If your SMS number is already verified, I would suggest taking a look at some of the help center articles below as this may be more of a flow behavior/setting blocking the message from being sent out:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Hi - thanks for response. How will I know when the number is verified? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jackievrice,

A toll-free number verification takes around 7-10 business days. You can tell if your number has been verified under the Status column of your SMS Sending Information under Settings > SMS

The owner of the account will also receive an email notification when the status of the number has changed.

David