Solved

Connection is not private links

• 15 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

A few weeks ago our emails began sending links that when clicked, would take our customers to a “your connection is not private” page, for all links. I reached out to support and they said it was an expired SSL on dedicated domain tracking. They claim to have since turned off dedicated domain tracking on our account, “Your account was moved back to a shared click tracking domain (with https:// links for which we provide the SSL certificates for)”. But we are still seeing all of the links on our emails go to these connection not private pages.

Is there something else that I may be missing? It’s causing open and click rates to absolutely tank.

icon

Best answer by doniervask 3 May 2022, 07:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @splintmi 

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for help with this! I was able to see that you still have an open support ticket for this issue. Due to the specificity of this challenge, it is best if we allow the support team to solve this for you. If you do not receive a solution by Monday please follow up to this thread and I will reach out to the appropriate person on your behalf to get this solved quickly! Thank you again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

It’s a message from your browser that informs you that the connection is not secure. The most common cause of “Your connection is not private” is an incorrect date & time set on your PC. Chrome makes sure that your computer’s clock matches the clock in a Google server farm, and if it doesn’t, will block the connection to HTTPS sites for security reasons.

To fix your issue, set your computer’s clock to the correct current time.

• Go to System Preferences
  • Choose Date & Time
  • Navigate to the Date & Time tab
  • Change the current time to the correct time (accurate to the nearest minute will do).

If it’s not your computer’s fault, it’s just a Chrome security feature. Chrome detects malicious activity going on with the site (like malware-laced ads, breach by hackers, etc.) and automatically warns you to protect you if it believes your security or safety might be at risk. If you want to override the warning, just hit Advanced -> Continue to site.