Solved

Email not pulling through GA properly

• 14 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi everyone!

I’m currently looking into our GA reporting as it is currently half pulling through to ‘Email’ and half to ‘Other’.

I’ve checked that all channel settings are system defined and tracking is used on every email. Could anyone hazard a guess as the issue I’m having?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 14 July 2021, 19:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @JessB,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Discrepancies in reporting between your Google Analytics and Klaviyo is not surprising. This is due to how both Google Analytics and Klaviyo have different attribution models as described in the Discrepancies between Klaviyo and Google Analytics subsection of the Understanding Conversion Tracking Help Center Article. 

I’ve also explained in further details this discrepancy in the following Community post which touch upon the same subject:

In additional, I would also suggest that you double check how you have set your Google Analytics backend by their channels. Google Analytics is a powerful tool that is highly customizable and depending on how you have set it up may cause some discrepancies in its reporting function. To learn more about Google Analytics and it’s channels, I would suggest taking a look at the following Google Analytics guide: About Channel Groupings

I hope this helps!

David