Solved

Help - I have been sending out my personal address!

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am new to Klaviyo and despite looking over my emails before sending them out, I have just realised it has been featuring my personal address in all of my emails as I work from home and have an online store. 

I feel so silly not seeing this before and it wasn't until my friend signed up to my newsletter that they saw it and notified me.

I tried to remove the address, but Klaviyo seems to tell me I have to have something in that field. 

What can I do about this? 

icon

Best answer by bettermail-Mirko 8 February 2023, 06:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Of course, let me help you out, @JessicaEmilyTCC! No need to feel silly, we've all been there. Here's what you can do: 🙌

1. Go to the Klaviyo Account Settings section.

2. Navigate to the "Company Info" tab.

3. Fill in your company name and physical address fields, but leave the personal address field blank.

4. If you need to display your physical address for legal or customer trust reasons, you can add a line in your emails saying something like "Our address is located at [Company Name, Physical Address]" or something similar.

If you still encounter issues after trying these steps, don't hesitate to reach out to me for further assistance. I’m always happy to help! 😄

Badge +1

Hello, 

I cannot find ‘company info‘ tab. I have found ‘organization’ where there is a street address, however I cannot delete the section as it says field required.

I cannot see the place you are talking about that has the option to leave one blank and fill in the other,

Jessica

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JessicaEmilyTCC

Our dashboard has changed since our peer’s last comment. Now to get to this page yo click on your company’s button on the bottom left-hand side > Account > Contact Info > Organization.

Yes, you aren’t able to leave the street address blank as the CAN-SPAM Act requires your emails to have a physical mailing address. However, I have seen people put a P.O box address if their work address is their personal address that they don’t wish to share obviously!

-Taylor