Solved

HELP! DNS Record for Google Domains

• 1 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

I’m having an issue with Google Domains while making the DNS change updates, but want to make sure this isn’t something that can be changed in Klaviyo or if there’s a workaround!

Simple issue: Google Domains doesn’t accept multiple identical host names, which is what Klaviyo has in their updates. It keeps giving an error under the 2nd, 3rd and 4th record that the “host name is already in use”.

Does this mean that I’ll have to go with static, instead of dynamic? Or is there a workaround for this? I’ve looked at the help articles, nothing talks about the host names needing to be different. For some reason it won’t let me attach the screenshots.

icon

Best answer by riley_davis 2 February 2024, 17:58

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @caitlinlmh! Which routing option are you using, Static or Dynamic? There are different records depending which routing option you chose.

It would definitely be helpful to see a screenshot of what you’re seeing. You should be able to add in images to your post with the image icon in the top right of the formatting bar. It’s to the left of the paperclip attachment. If you still don’t see it try logging out, clearing your cache, and logging back in. 

Hello! I’m having the same problem. I’ve included a screenshot. I can add the first one, but subsequent NS records fail in Google Domains.

Alright, I figured it out. In google domains at least, they all have to be in one record. You just have to click “Add more to this record” and put all the sending domains underneath the one subdomain ns record.

Badge +5

Alright, I figured it out. In google domains at least, they all have to be in one record. You just have to click “Add more to this record” and put all the sending domains underneath the one subdomain ns record.

I will try this! I ended up using Static just to get the ball rolling, I’ll make that Dynamic switch and see if it works. Thank you Riley!

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

You’re 100% right, @riley_davis! That should solve your problem, @caitlinlmh but let me know if you need any more help. 

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Hello! I’m having the same problem. I’ve included a screenshot. I can add the first one, but subsequent NS records fail in Google Domains.

How were you able to get to his page? I have a google domain and tried to find this page but cannot. Have not been able to add to my DNS records so email flows aren’t working :(

This is the closest I’ve gotten:

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hi @Wing! It looks like you’re in the admin section of a Google Workspace. You need to log in to Google Domains to manage your DNS records: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3290309?hl=en 

Hi @Wing! It looks like you’re in the admin section of a Google Workspace. You need to log in to Google Domains to manage your DNS records: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3290309?hl=en 

Thank you Kaila! I was able to figure out the solution… turns out it was all in my Shopify settings! Silly me lol.