Skip to main content

Hello everyone! Can someone tell me how to quickly view which email address are bouncing (soft bounce) and not yet been suppressed? There’s a place to see the email addresses that are actually suppressed, but for those that have just had a soft bounce and haven’t been suppressed yet, I can’t find a place to easily see those or filter for those. Yes, I can manually go in and check the report for each website newsletter sign-up to see if they got the email welcome letter or if it bounced, but we have hundreds of emails already, and I don’t want to have to keep manually checking each one. I feel like there’s got to be a quick way of doing this, but I’ve searched and googled and I’m just not finding it. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

Hey @smags 

Thank you for posting your question here in the community

An easy way to do this is to create a segment

You can further filter out profiles if they hard bounced or soft bounced.

Or if you want to check number of profiles who bounced from a campaign or flow, you can do that as well,

I hope that helps

Cheers

Arpit

Thank you so much for your reply. This was really helpful, and I was able to set it up using your example above. I really appreciate it. 

Hi @smags,

The answer from @ArpitBanjara above shows you exactly how to get the list of email addresses which is helpful. I would recommend looking at more recent soft-bounces if you’re looking to build out suppression of these profiles - sometimes there’s a good reason an email soft-bounced (for example - my inbox is full), and you wouldn’t want to suppress someone who didn’t receive an email 6 months ago but is receiving them fine now. 

Klaviyo will automatically suppress profiles if they’ve soft bounced 7 times in a row. More info on that in this blog post.

One thing I thought I would also highlight is the Deliverability Dashboard - this will show you total numbers and reasons for bounces. In the Score tab it will recommend you specific actions that you can take. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks
David