Server IP is in 3 blacklists

• 6 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor I
  • 10 replies

Hi, 

I was running deliverability analysis using this tool (https://www.mail-tester.com/) and it gave my email a rating of 7/10, which is good, but not great. 

My Spam Assassin score is -1 (lower than -5 and the email is toast). 

What concerns me is that my server IP is in 3 blacklists 

Additionally, another major issue is that there are two broken links (which appear to be tracking links not within my control 

How do I fix these issues and improve my deliverability?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 6 December 2021, 23:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @bhas,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community. Klaviyo actively monitors all blacklist the main one we care about is SpamHaus as this one tends to have major inbox placement issues depending on what blacklist you land on from SpamHaus. Now SORBs and SpamCop are blacklists we actively keep an eye on but the impact tends to be very low. With that said we actively delist from both SORBs and other blacklists.As you are aware, hundreds of different blacklists exist. Most actually do not have any impact, the reason for this, is a lot of blacklists are homegrown. The deliverability team is constantly monitoring our bounces, and other data points around different blacklists and seeing what if any we should monitor and remediate. We are constantly trying to better optimize our customer's chances of success with inbox placement. However, because so many different blacklists exist, the ones that do not have any impact we tend to not remediate because either its a manual effort to delist or because they require a fee. We currently monitor dozens of different blacklists. 

Having said that, if you are seeing significant number of soft bounces on your account or other indications of blocks being made by inbox providers/filters, please do reach out to the Support Team with examples of campaigns/flows that are seeing these bounces as well as a few profiles that had their emails blocked!

Hope this helped!
Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks for the reply, @alex.hong 

The report indicated that the broken links can also cause issues. As I see, these seem to be tracking links. How do I fix that?