Solved

What is the difference between shipped order and fulfilled order?

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

There is a difference between a shipped order and a fulfilled order, right?

Shipped order - The product is shipped from the brand to the delivery service

Fulfilled order - The product is handed over to the customer

Then why can’t I find an option to create a flow from the metric “Shipped order”

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 11 April 2023, 16:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @nambirajanks 

Thanks for posting your question in the community! 

In my experience, the Fulfilled Order is when the product has left your warehouse and shipped order is when the item has actually been received by the customer. 

If you want to track when an item is Out for Delivery, or Shipped Order, you would have a third party tool like ShipStation integrated with Shopify & Klaviyo that would trigger the flows in Klaviyo based on these events so you can message customers. 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @nambirajanks,

Depending on which ecommerce platform you’re integrated with, a fulfilled order event may be defined and tracked differently. For example, for Shopify, a fulfilled order is tracked when an order is marked as "fulfilled" in the backend. Woocommerce on the other hand will track the event when an order is marked as "shipped". 

Since you’ve tagged the post with “Shopify”, I would suggest taking a look at our Shopify data reference Help Center article. This will give you a better understanding of how each Shopify metric is defined and when they are synced to Klaviyo. 

Regarding to a Shipped Order event, you’ll typically need to integrate a shipping management app/tool to pass that event along. Alternatively, if you manage all shipments directly through your ecommerce platform, you could also custom code the event to be passed to Klaviyo as well. 

Some popular shipment management app/tools that have a direct integration with Klaviyo are ShipStation and AfterShip

I hope this helps!

David