Solved

Can I set up a flow triggered by actions in an email campaign and an embedded form?

• 29 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I set up a flow that's triggered by a campaign email as well as an embedded form, and I'm not sure it's correct. I'm running tests, but I don't think it's working. Can someone help me please?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 29 August 2023, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @jvancampen 

Thank you for posting your question in the community, and I’d be happy to try and help!

To confirm, based on your screenshot, it looks like you’ve set up a segment (which I am assuming is your trigger for your flow), where you want to use either an embedded form submit or engagement with a recent email campaign to trigger someone into the flow. 

A couple of questions:

For the embedded form, did that subscribe contacts to a specific list with the source = Denver Gem Show 2023? If so, that might be a better option than the viewed page. 

Is it a requirement that the user clicked on a specific link or any link within the email they received?

Based on those questions, I have a couple of thoughts:

• I would group the email engagement into one nested set of criteria and the form submit in another nested set of criteria.
  • If someone received a specific email “message = Join Us: Denver Gem Show 2023” then I would set the click (if the action of clicking is required to be entered into the flow) criteria to the same message, not a specific link. (My guess is the parameter of “URL =” is tripping you up a bit here. 
  • I would swap out the “viewed page” event to “Subscribed to a list” (if the contacts were actually added to a list when the opted in)

So, your segment criteria might look like:

• What someone has done (or not done):
    • Subscribed to a list at least once over all time,
    • where “$source” = “Denver Gem Show 2023”
  • OR
    • Clicked email at least once over all time,
    • where “message” = “Join Us: Denver Gem Show 2023”

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

@In the Inbox 

Badge +3

Thank you so much for your reply! For now, to make it easier, I’m just going to direct the “action steps” in the email to the embedded form. That way, I can ensure everyone is using the same source as a point of entry instead of multiple places. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @jvancampen 

That sounds good! Pls let us know if you have any other questions.

Badge +3

@In the Inbox Can I set up this part under a flow filter if the trigger is “joined list”? So I could capture someone signing up through the form or someone signing up through an email with a “Click to confirm your reservation” button?

• Clicked email at least once over all time,
    • where “message” = “Join Us: Denver Gem Show 2023”