Solved

Current Customer signs to Welcome Series

• 7 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

what happens, if a current customer signs to the Welcome flow (the flow has the filter “Placed Order Zero times since starting this flow”)?

Will current customers get the emails from the flow until they buy with the code or did they not get the emails because they’re already customers?

I dont’ want to “punish” current customers, so it would be good, if they get the email with the code.

How can I avoid, that a current customer signs in, get the code, unsubscribe and signs in again with the same email address to get the code again?

What if a person signs to the Welcome flow who already signed in (without unsubscribing)? How can I add an Email who says: you’ve already signed in?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 8 November 2023, 13:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @zellrebell 

Thanks for asking the community for help with your Welcome Series flow!

If your current customers signup to the list that is triggering the flow AND they have never been through the flow before, their profile will move through the flow like any new profile.

If you do not already have a Welcome Series flow “live”, your current customers will not move through the flow unless you add past profiles. This would allow you to send the discount count to all of your customers who haven’t already been through it.

Just as a reminder, a profile can only move through a list triggered flow once. This also helps prevent a customer from unsubscribing and then receiving another code as their profile will not be allowed to move through the flow again once they’ve exited.

Hope this helps!

Badge

@stephen.trumble Thanks a lot, this helps!