Solved

Email flow automatically sends a duplicate. How to fix?

• 3 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

As shown in the picture below, I received a duplicated email from my abandoned cart flow exactly three hours later after receiving the first one. I have checked my flow and I don’t have anything that triggers this. How can I fix it?

First original email
Duplicate email
Original email for the second flow
Another duplicate three hours later (same as the first email)
My flow settings

icon

Best answer by stam_marko 5 February 2024, 11:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi there,

Let’s solve this! Here are some ideas:

1. Could you check whether you have another Checkout flow live?
  2. How about the Trigger card (when someone Checkout Started) filters?
  3. The strange thing in these flows is that the pricing of the hoodies are different - any thoughts why that could happen? Do you have duplicate products in Shopify maybe?
  4. Feels like you haven’t set up the DND yet - is that correct?

The 5 min is too early to send a checkout started email in my opinion. Try testing sending the first email 30 minutes to 2 hours later.

Let me know if you found the solution,

Badge +1

Hey, appreciate the response.

1. Nope, I only have one abandon checkout flow

No trigger filter
  1. I don’t have a duplicate product, it is most probably because of the currency. 
  1. What’s a DND?

Also, I just sent a test email two days ago to a new email account and I don’t seem to get the duplicates. The duplicates only appeared to the email that was in my Klaviyo email list. Could that be the reason why it sent a duplicate email hours later? If so, how do I fix this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I see that someone can enter the flow anytime, so you could have started checkout 3 hours after and you received the email again. For that, I’d add another filter that says:

Has not been in this flow in the last 30 days (or so)

Also, how about checking the recipient details for those who received each email?

On the email’s card, go to Recipient Activity.

Another thing you might want to check is the Profiles tab (search for your name, email and review the activities)