Solved

Emails still being sent even if consent checkbox not checked on woocommerce store

• 15 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey There

I have the consent checkbox for my woocommerce which was created via the Klaviyo.

checkout page klaviyo consent box.

Having done a few tests, I can see that emails are still being sent even if the checkbox has NOT been ticked, which seems to defeat the purpose. How can I amend this so people only receive the emails if they have opted in via the checkbox. 

Thanks,

Simon Evans

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 15 June 2023, 20:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @LittleBig bikes!

My colleague David mentions some helpful insights in a similar thread here:

Essentially, a checkout consent form is considered an API (third-party integration) source, so while the checklist is able to subscribe to lists via this checkbox, it doesn’t necessarily affect their marketing consent status in Klaviyo. There is a key distinction there, as one’s subscription status to an individual list is not the same as their marketing consent status in Klaviyo. These distinctions are covered in the following Help Center articles:

The property that correlates to a profile’s overall consent status is $consent, and you may have to take extra development steps to ensure that the checkbox is affecting this $consent property. You can oftentimes adjust this via how your checkout page is coded with the help of a developer, and here’s a guide to get you started if you choose that route:

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian