Solved

How do I make sure subscribers don't get a Flow until A Certain Date?

• 6 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

i currently set up the klaviyo by using the build in flows and i love to work with it. I want to ensure, that my Shopify subscriber do not receive the welcome serie mails. So how i have to do my flow setup for this requirement? There is no filter which allows me to set up a start date.

Hope you can helps me!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 7 February 2022, 16:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Armin77

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Would love to help! 

To be clear, do you mean that you don’t want your Shopify subscribers to go through the Flow until it is finished and you are done editing your emails and flow entirely? You are correct, there is no filter for a ‘start date’, however, no flow messages will be sent out if they are still in ‘Draft’ mode, which is the default when you create a new flow. Your Flow emails will only be ‘on’ or actively be sent out if they are in the ‘Live’ mode. Flow Email Statuses are explained in more depth in our help center documentation.  

When you have completely finished creating your flow and want subscribers to start receiving your messages, you can turn your Flow ‘On’ by changing all your flow messages to ‘Live’. If you want to send these messages to people who subscribed before your Flow was turned on and essentially have ‘missed’ being triggered for the flow, you can back-populate your flow. .

Finally, I would suggest taking a look at our awesome Klaviyo Academy courses to get you off to a great start in Klaviyo and build foundational, product knowledge. You’ll be a master in no time!

Thanks for your participation in the Community!

-Taylor