Solved

How to remove a segment from a Welcome Flow

Badge

My current welcome flow is sent out to anyone who subscribes to our newsletter - it’s set so if they haven’t made a purchase before they get a 10% discount code.

I am now setting up a specific sign up form on a landing page where if you sign up those people to receive a value off their next order.

I don’t know how to set this up. Two things:

• I would like these new sign ups to be excluded from the standard welcome flow as they will receive a different type of discount
  • I would like them to receive a similar set of emails to my current welcome flow except for the discount (not sure if you can clone a welcome series and adapt?)

I don’t know if I need to add some kind of condition into my current welcome flow that allows what I want to happen OR if I need to exclude these sign ups from my original one and have a second welcome flow for the new landing page sign ups?

any help will be much appreciated!

thanks

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 7 May 2024, 18:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi LionRock!

This has a very simple solution using conditional splits and/or filters. Type in the flow you want to exclude and you should be set!

You can clone a flow too! That will keep everything how it is, allowing you tweak the content and settings inside.

Best,

Carl Reynolds

Badge

Hi - thanks for this Carl

I don’t have a flow set up yet for the second lot of sign ups yet. I’ve just created a segment where they will live within my overall NEWSLETTER list.

Do you mean I need to create a second Welcome Flow series which I will only add this second lot of sign ups to (resulting in them receiving a code for money off) - then I have to exclude this flow from my original welcome flow meaning that they will not receive the % off emails which is the standard for my original welcome flow?

hope that makes sense!

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @LionRock! Welcome to the community. 

Here’s an alternative solution to the helpful feedback you already have from @Carl Reynolds 

When I set up systems like this for my clients, I use a hidden field tied to the submit button in the signup form. That enables you to add custom properties to the profiles of people who submit the form, so you can ID them specifically in flow and segment logic.

If your form is built in Klaviyo, it’s as simple as adding a custom profile property to the button. Maybe you’ve already done this, and that’s how your specific segment is created!

So circling back to your specific questions:

1. As Carl affirmed for you already, it’s absolutely possible to clone a Welcome Series (or any other flow) and adapt it to be specific to your preferred audience. See this example of a giveaway-specific Welcome Series one of my clients used to onboard giveaway entires - the signup form updates the custom property giveaway_madison_creek in Klaviyo each time someone submits the form, which is then used to exclude and include flow recipients as needed. 

2. The path recommended by Carl is a simple way to prevent your multiple Welcome Series flows from overlapping and sending emails to recipients that should not be in the flow queue IF you already have at least one delivery of the flow you’re wanting to target so you can create the condition “has received X flow 0 times over all time”

2b. IF you use a custom property to ID people who submit the form on your special landing page, you can add a flow filter to your existing Welcome Series flow immediately, to prevent profiles with that property from receiving those emails. 
    2c. However, you’ll need to populate that custom property on at least one profile in Klaviyo in order to do this. Easiest path is to do a test submission of your form, so your test profile has the needed custom property with a set value, then you can add filters to your flows as needed. 

Hope this helps!

Gabrielle

Badge

super helpful Gabrielle - I’ll try this later on! thanks so much

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

You’re welcome @LionRock! So glad it was helpful for you.