Solved

Pre-header is not shown on certain inbox providers

• 25 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi klaviyo community,

we use for our emails also the pre-header to promote the content of our mails. But unfortunately we noticed that our pre-header is not shown for certain inbox providers, f.ex. web.de. Instead it shows the snippet from our web view link und the web view link itself, which is part of the email. For other providers like google, yahoo, Apple mail and many others the pre-header is working.

Did someone else experience this issue and maybe found already a way to fix this?

Best

Laura

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 27 April 2023, 20:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

There are a few ways that the issue with pre-header text not displaying correctly in certain inbox providers can be resolved in Klaviyo:

1. Keep the pre-header text concise and relevant: Ensure that the pre-header text is no longer than 100 characters and is directly related to the content of the email. This will increase the chances of it being displayed in the inbox.

2. Test the pre-header text in different email clients: Test the email in various email clients and devices to see how the pre-header text appears in each of them. This will help identify which email clients are not displaying the pre-header text correctly and can provide insights into any other issues with the email's display.

3. Avoid using web view links in the pre-header: If the pre-header text includes a web view link, certain email clients may prioritize displaying this information over the pre-header text. Consider using the web view link elsewhere in the email, such as in the footer.

4. Contact : If the issue persists, reach out to me, will be glad to support for further assistance.  can help investigate the issue and provide best practices for optimizing pre-header text for maximum effectiveness.

By following these tips, you can increase the chances of your pre-header text displaying correctly across various inbox providers in Klaviyo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

It looks like these providers don't render the html?

You might want to checkout if you can test text emails and see if this hack works. You'll be partly stuck with plain text editor but you should be able to export the HTML from the original email and add it to the plain text version (using the source code option to paste the html there).

I would then suggest to split those problem domains from the working domains if your tests with the hack do work.

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the community! 

I’ve also experienced this problem when sending emails for my clients. The most foolproof workaround we’ve found so far is to create a “fallback” version of the preview text (pre-header) when building the email. 

So when you specify your subject line and preview text, you fill out the designated fields as usual…

Then we designed a section of the email template to have a separate text block at the very top of the email (there’s a brand logo above, but I blocked it out for confidentiality).

So it goes logo, then small text section for the fallback preview text (pre-header). OR you can have a small text section for that, placed above the logo - both work equally well in inboxes that otherwise don’t show the pre-header specified in the Klaviyo field shown above.

Here’s a closeup of what it looks like inside the email… This email template has been designed to mimic stationery with brand letterhead. You could also center the logo and fallback preview text if you prefer that look. 

Warmly,

~ Gabrielle, Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros