Solved

Pre-scheduling using Recipient's Timezone - will the segment be current?

• 28 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I’d like to schedule my Black Friday emails now. But I’m going to be doing a lot of list-building between now and then. If I schedule them today using the recipient’s local timezone, will they be updated on the send date or will they only contain the segment as it is today?

icon

Best answer by rotax 28 October 2023, 04:42

View original

1 reply

Badge +2

Segments are dynamic (whereas “lists” are not), so as long as you create segment(s) they will update themselves ongoing based upon the definition of the segment.

You just need to be mindful of using any definitions that would dynamically exclude or include someone based on changes in events leading up to “sending” your campaign.  Ie, exclude if they’ve received an email in the last week or “placed an order in the last 7 days”...these things could obviously remove folks from your list (which you may or may not want to do), so be mindful of any segment definitions that would take action you may not want it to take...as your list will dynamically update between now and your send of the campaign that includes the segment.