Solved

Questions about sending emails automatically

• 29 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 8 replies
Why do I set up a new welcome series email, I click live and set up newletters to subscribe to my shop's emails on my shopify page, I will receive the welcome series emails, I have tested several email accounts and I have not received the welcome series email can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 30 March 2022, 04:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Sing,

Thank you for posting your question on the community.

A couple of clarifying questions for you to try and help troubleshoot what might be happening. 

Within your Shopify Integration with Klaviyo, can you confirm that you have the setting “Collect Email Subscribers” enabled and have a Klaviyo list selected?

Also, what are you using to trigger you welcome series? (I assume a list trigger, but wanted to ask to confirm).

Given you have tested multiple test email addresses that are not triggering the welcome series, I suspect something might not be connected to add users to the list you have associated to your welcome series. However, do know, that a list/segment-based trigger will only allow a unique email address to receive the email once. 

If you have a chance to share any screenshots from your account or additional details on the setup of your welcome series, that would be great, but hope this helps the troubleshooting process.

Best,

@In the Inbox 

Badge +2
Are these pictures enough?

Badge +2

@In the Inbox hi can see the Picture? Thanks

Badge +2

@In the Inbox Hello! I would like to ask the question of welcome flows and tried the post and still can't send emails1. Turn off double receiving email confirmation2. Turn off Smart Send3. Welcome series opened in real time4. After I entered a few emails in my shopify footer/pop-up window, I still can't receive the welcome series emails, but I checked the newletters list and confirmed that these emails entered the newletters list, and then I clicked into welcome flows to see When the first email arrives, any data is 0, but the second email sees data at the waiting position. Can you help me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Sing - 

Thank you for the extra images and screenshots. At first glance, everything looks correct. A couple of other ideas.

So, to confirm, when you enter in your test email addresses, each new test email address is unique and new to Klaviyo, correct? Or are you submitting the same email address multiple times?

Can you confirm that the footer Shopify signup form in your website is correctly adding contacts to Shopify, and/or connected to Shopify? 

Lastly, for your Popup, can you confirm the button action for your popup is configured with the Action = Submit Form with the correct list select for List to Submit? I have seen the popup button action not being configured correctly and does not capture the email from the form. 

At this stage, it might be best to contact Klaviyo Support who will be able to access your account directly and dig into the specifics of the welcome series configuration and see what else might be going on. While I think we have narrowed down some of the possible culprits for the issues, a deeper investigation is needed to see why your test emails are not receiving the welcome series. 

Best,

@In the Inbox 

Badge +2
@In the Inbox Every time you enter a new emailI confirm that after entering the email in the footer, the email will appear in my newsub2022 list. After testing several times, it will appear, but I cannot receive the email.This is to skip the first email and go directly to the picture of the second email. Waiting has data in the picture.Finally I just saw that the button settings of my popup are the same as your picture

Badge +2
@In the Inbox I tried to start a new welcome series and did the same test. Could it be that the name of my welcome series needs to be changed to automatically send emails?Or the pop-up window and the welcome series cannot be performed at the same time?My pop-up window is set to display the discount code after entering the email. I can see the discount code without sending an email. This is my ideal mode. There is no question in the pop-up window.
Badge +2
I also noticed that in my welcome series of emails all people who were successfully added to the newletters list were eligible for this flow, I tried a few more emails and were only successfully added to the newletters list but still didn't receive any emails

Badge +2

@In the Inbox 

I thought about it for a long time. Could it be because the account I am responsible for sending emails is my personal email and yahoo.com? Is it related to this reason?