Solved

Send an email when the price of a product in a Wishlist changes

• 12 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

Every month, we decrease the price of some products, and we would like to inform the users that were interested in theses products (in their wishlist).

We are using shopify and the Wishlist King app.

I don’t understand how i can do this in Klaviyo.

Any help,

Thx, Laurent

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 12 April 2022, 23:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Laurent,

Thank you for sharing with the Community.

We do not have any natively built integrations with the Wishlist King app in Shopify, so this wouldn't be possible out of the box. However your developers may be able to set up a custom metric via the API. They can review the API documentation here. The apps also may offer a way to integrate with Klaviyo via API directly. Wishlist King by Appmate specifically advertises that they do integrate with Klaviyo but I could not find specific documentation about the process.

If you still wish to pass events from this app into Klaviyo, you can still certainly do so by taking advantage of Klaviyo's API. This would be a custom integration you built to be passing your desired events into Klaviyo. If you are familiar with a developer or have the skills to do so, I would recommend referencing the following articles if you wish to pursue this:

Getting Started with Klaviyo APIs
Track and Identify API Reference
Klaviyo's REST API References

Since this would be a custom integration, Klaviyo would not be able to assist in its creation or troubleshoot the usage of this connection as it would be outside our scope of support. 

The only alternative would be to manually track these customers and profiles then send them a campaign through Klaviyo.

All the best,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey, thanks alex.

I just asked the wishlist king team the documentation of their integration with Klaviyo. I let you know if they tell me anything.

We would not want to create a custom configuration for this at the moment.

Laurent

Badge +3

Hey, thanks alex.

I just asked the wishlist king team the documentation of their integration with Klaviyo. I let you know if they tell me anything.

We would not want to create a custom configuration for this at the moment.

Laurent

did you ever get any? i find myself in the same spot right now

Badge +3

Hi @Laurent,

Thank you for sharing with the Community.

We do not have any natively built integrations with the Wishlist King app in Shopify, so this wouldn't be possible out of the box. However your developers may be able to set up a custom metric via the API. They can review the API documentation here. The apps also may offer a way to integrate with Klaviyo via API directly. Wishlist King by Appmate specifically advertises that they do integrate with Klaviyo but I could not find specific documentation about the process.

If you still wish to pass events from this app into Klaviyo, you can still certainly do so by taking advantage of Klaviyo's API. This would be a custom integration you built to be passing your desired events into Klaviyo. If you are familiar with a developer or have the skills to do so, I would recommend referencing the following articles if you wish to pursue this:

Getting Started with Klaviyo APIs
Track and Identify API Reference
Klaviyo's REST API References

Since this would be a custom integration, Klaviyo would not be able to assist in its creation or troubleshoot the usage of this connection as it would be outside our scope of support. 

The only alternative would be to manually track these customers and profiles then send them a campaign through Klaviyo.

All the best,

Alex

Any Wishlist apps you might recommend that would helps us in providing the right data to Klaviyo ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @alex.hong , i’m back.

I know have the wishlist products correctly configured for my users in Klaviyo.

I am now wondering how can I send an email to all the users that have a particular products in their wishlist that has a price drop. I created a trigger of all the products that has a price decrease, but I don’t know how to configure the Flow in klaviyo.

Thanks a lot,

Laurent

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @Laurent ,

Here is a guide from our Help Center that will walk you through Creating a Price Drop Flow. Take a look and please let me know if you end up having more questions or needing further help! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi, 

@alex.hong , I’m already aware of this flow, thank you.

What I need is a Price Drop Flow for people who added a product in their Wishlist. Can you help ?

Thx,

Laurent

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@Laurent ,

At this point our prebuilt price drop Flow will only send if the customer does any of the following: 

1. Viewed the product
  2. Started checkout with that product in their cart
  3. Both

However, what you could do depending on how you've set up wishlists in Klaviyo is segment out who has what product on their wishlist based on if it's a custom property and then send them a Campaign once that sale happens. The add to wishlist event is not an event that we currently have prebuilt within the integration to track. This custom tracking event will need to be set up first. 

This article from our Klaviyo Help Center will help you accomplish this: Setting Up API-based Website Activity Event

Once you ensure you have this event tracking, if you are not already, you can set up a segment, to pull in everyone who has been who has triggered this event. After the segment is in place, you can create a Segment Triggered Flow, so when someone is added to the segment, they then trigger the flow.

Alternatively you can work with a developer to create a custom metric to trigger such a Flow. These articles can assist them in creating those metrics: 

Guide to Integrating a Standard Ecommerce Platform

Guide to Integrating a Subscription Ecommerce Platform

Guide to Managing Your Metrics