Solved

Send Date Property based email at Time in custom property / metric

• 30 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We want to use Klaviyo to send Zoom call appointment reminders day of, and then 5-10 minutes before the call starts.

I see how to use “Date Property” trigger to send email on specific days, provided I store the date as a custom property, but I cannot see how to get it to send at a dynamic time.

Is there a way through either Custom Properties or Metrics to create flows that send emails to per-user specific times?  Instead of smth like “9:00 a.m. on day of Appointment” for everyone?

Like if I store “Appointment” as ‘2023-02-15 15:45:00’, on Feb 15th the email sends at 15:45, or set to 5 minutes before 15:45.

And if I store “Appointment” for another user as ‘2023-02-15 11:00:00’, it sends at 11:00 a.m. or 5 minutes before 11:00.

The closest I’ve seen is another forum post where someone said you could put a future timestamp in a metric, but that seems quite fragile should there be reschedules and cancellations.

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 30 January 2023, 23:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Daveken 

How are people booking the call? Is there a reason you’re not using that for reminders, etc? What is your ultimate goal for using Klaviyo instead of the platform they book through, or just adding them a calendar event and adding the reminders there?

The only way to trigger based on a specific time is if you send them as events as mentioned in the other post you referred to. 

And the issue with events is that once they are submitted, they cannot be changed, so as you said… it will be fragile in terms of cancellations, reschedules, etc. You would have to send over different events as discussed here. Doesn’t seem worth all the work. 

Badge +1

@Jessica eCommerce Badassery People are booking the call through an app developed by a 3rd party. They’re already posting booking events to Klaviyo, so the hope was to reduce extra dev time by just sending reminders from Klaviyo based on that event.  It’s also generally nice to have communication centralized.

But yeah, think our workaround will be to have them emit an event at X amount(s) of time prior to a call.