Solved

Super basic trigger setup question: productname vs itemname

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I am trying to set up a flow:

After someone purchases our X product. Should the trigger setup be “ProductNamescontainsX Product or ItemNamescontainsX Product or something else?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 15 August 2023, 17:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Yoluanda 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

I have a few questions to help determine what the correct trigger will be for your flow. What integration are you using with Klaviyo? What kind of ecommerce store are you working with? What is the overall goal of the flow? Are you trying to create a post purchase flow or a product specific triggered flow? Having as much information as possible will help determine what trigger is best suited for your use case. 

I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Badge +2

Hi, Stephen. Thanks for your response. We use WooCommerce. The goal of the flow is simply to send to send an email to purchasers inviting them to respond to a quick survey. So it is a post purchase flow for a specific product purchase. I’d like to duplicate this flow for each type of product purchase in the future. 

Appreciate any help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Yoluanda think I may be able to help here. So the flow trigger would be placed order, and then you would have a flow trigger filter for the product name so only people who purchased that product will receive the flow. 

Since it’s not clear which property is the correct one to use, I would create the trigger filter  for ProductNamescontainsX Product and then check the preview to see which of your customers would fall into the flow. If the preview set up looks correct, then you’re good to go. Otherwise, try the other parameter. 

Badge +2

@KatherineB Thx so much, I will give it a try. Also thx @stephen.trumble!