Solved

API endpoint to call to get person_ID from a Signup Form

• 9 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

When using Signup Forms how do we get the Person_ID back from the signup? If we can't get it back from the signup form is there an api endpoint we can call to get this Person_ID based on some personally identifiable information like email or phone?

That behavior is a form that upon submission then redirects to a new page. On that new page we need the details entered on that form

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 9 September 2021, 17:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @kayalg12

Welcome to the Community Forum, we are so happy to have you here!

This is a great question as API’s can be tricky sometimes! You are correct, signup forms only take a profile’s email address. However, you can set up an endpoint to retrieve the profile’s ID from their email address. I recommend using the URL to do so:

https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v2/people/search?api_key=API_KEY_HERE&email=EMAIL_HERE 

Additionally, I’d suggest checking out this Community Post  for more on retrieving person ID’s using an email address or in case you run into some troubleshooting issues as you install.

For more on Profile ID’s I’d recommend checking out this Help Center Article and Community Posts to grow your understanding about APIs and how they work! 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

-Taylor