Solved

Don't see events in user profile Segment integration

• 11 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Currently, we have connected our back-end/front-end via Segment with Klaviyo and sent the first users to Klaviyo via the Identify Call from Segment with the right user attributes.

However, we do not see the corresponding (Track) events in the profile (which we do see in another destination like Amplitude for example). See the screenshots attached.

In addition, we have implemented the Klaviyo Viewed Product / Active On Site tracking. But we don’t see any events yet.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 18 October 2023, 03:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @BramValyuu!

It appears the screenshots you intended to attach do not appear - would you be willing to provide those screenshots (with any sensitive information redacted)?

I believe this would help myself and other Community members understand the issue better.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@BramValyuu Have you configured any of these additional events to be sent to Klaviyo in Segment?

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

@Brian Turcotte @Omar thank you for your reply. We are now seeing events in Klaviyo after we’ve identified the customer on the front end. Before we were only identifying the customer from the back end after a transaction.

However, now I only see the front end events in Klaviyo and no back end events. @Omar you mentioned a configuration in segment? What do you mean with that?

I have placed an order now with b.peters@valyuu.com (10553 = userid from us). And you can see that we’ve fired the orderCompleted event from the backend in Segment and thats delivered to the user profile in Amplitude. But not to the user profile in Klaviyo. There we only see orderConfirmed (which is coming from the front end).

Any idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @BramValyuu!

My apologies for the significant delay here! I see that you logged a ticket with Support on this issue - were you able to get it resolved through them? That would have been my recommended course of action, since this can be a highly account-specific issue.

Best,

Brian