Solved

Global custom property for every profiles via API

• 21 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Problem Solver I
  • 8 replies

Hi I’m sending some custom fields to profiles in Klaviyo through the Track & Identify API.

I’m wondering for fields with the same value across my whole shop (for example all of my customers will receive 100 points on their birthday), is there a way to send it somewhere “globally” ish instead of pinging the API and updating all profiles every time that value is changed? 

Right now I’m just playing around with the Track and Identify endpoint and it’s really fast so I have no complain, but it might also because I only have a few customers for testing. I’m not sure if that would be the same if I have a few hundred thousands profiles and using the RESTful APIs (such as the Profile one).

icon

Best answer by tieu 21 April 2022, 06:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

For the birthday example, would you have a flow that is triggered on or a certain number of days before a person’s birthday?

If so, you could have an “Update Profile Property” flow step that sets the value, and you’d only have to enter that value once in the flow step, and it would apply to all profiles entering the flow because their birthday is approaching.

Badge +3

@saulblum I figured I could do that in that case but I’m wondering in general if it’s possible to send a global property via the API instead of sending every profile the same thing. It just seems a bit inefficient. I checked the doc again and seems like it’s not possible for now 😔 Thank you for your reply though! (I’m not sure how to reply to a reply instead of replying to a post haha)