Solved

How to create AJAX Request and what's the endpoint(URL) where I use my form in which I have two fields email and message(textarea) to collect user email and message?

• 17 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Klaviyo Community Have a Good Day😊

I’m working on a shopify project and want to collect user email and message in Klaviyo. I want to use my own popup form(email, message fields and a submit button) and send AJAX request to Klaviyo. Please help me what’s the endpoint where AJAX request send to like https://manage.kmail-lists.com/ajax/subscriptions/subscribe but it’s provide information whether the user is subscribed to a specific email.

Below is my code:

requestSwatchForm.addEventListener('submit', function(e) {

e.preventDefault();

var settings = {

"async": true,

"crossDomain": true,

"url": "https://manage.kmail-lists.com/ajax/subscriptions/subscribe",

"method": "POST",

"headers": {

"content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",

"cache-control": "no-cache"

},

"data": {

"g": "S2RrTD", // replace LIST_ID with id of list to be subscribed

"email": "abidarif982@gmail.com",

// pass in additional fields, each additional field

// must be included in the $fields string separated by commas

"$fields": "$message, $first_name, $last_name",

"$message": "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Maxime mollitia, molestiae quas vel sint commodi repudiandae consequuntur voluptatum laborum numquam blanditiis",

"$first_name": "Abid",

"$last_name": "Arif"

}

};

$.ajax(settings).done(function(response) {

console.log(response);

})

});

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 19 December 2022, 22:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @abidarif and welcome to the Community!

If you are attempting to check which lists a user is already subscribed to, then I would suggest using this endpoint:

If you are looking to actually subscribe a user to a list, then it would make sense to use this endpoint:

At this time, we don’t provide in-depth customization help for custom/legacy forms as mentioned in our Legacy Signup Forms vs. Built-In Signup Forms Help Center article, but you can always reach out to one of our wonderful Partner Agencies for development assistance or post in our Community Job Board!

I hope this helps get you started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian