Solved

metric “Unique Unsubscribed” in API

• 2 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi team,

Our client complains about discrepancy between metric “Unique Unsubscribed” he see on the Klaviyo platform and metric "Unsubscribed" we retrieving for him via API.

Could you please clarify are these metrics reflects the same data or does exist another metric on the platform that corresponds to the API metric "Unsubscribed"?

Thanks & regards,

Evgeniy

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 5 June 2023, 06:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @imp_dev,

Can you please send a screenshot (with all sensitive information redacted) of where your client is seeing the “Unique Unsubscribed” metric? This is not the name of any native Klaviyo metric, so it’s possible your client is viewing some other custom metric/dashboard. My intuition is that he is viewing a custom Metric chart, which is explained in this Help Center article:

Within the Unsubscribed metric in the Klaviyo UI, there is a chart that you can manipulate to show the unique measurement of the metric, which means that it won’t count a profile more than once, even if the profile has unsubscribed multiple times. If this is the case, then it would be expected for the API to return a different number.

Also, which API endpoint are you using when you retrieve the “Unsubscribed” metric? If you are retrieving this metric via any endpoint using its metric ID, then you can go into the Klaviyo dashboard and navigate to Analytics > Metrics > then search for the name of the other metric and click into it. You can find the Metric ID in the URL, like so: https://www.klaviyo.com/metric/METRIC_ID/metricname. If the Metric ID doesn’t match the one you’re referencing in your API calls, then you’ll know it’s a different metric.

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +2

Hi Brian,

Thank you for looking here!

I’ve asked the client to provide additional info.

Regards,

Evgeniy