Solved

StartedCheckout event comes later, is there a way to override the event date?

• 28 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am having problems where startedCheckoutEvents comes later than PlacedOrder events.

Looking at the API docs, the other events has this TIME field that it will override the time of the event. May I know whether StartedCheckoutEvent has the same field?
https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/guide-to-integrating-a-platform-without-a-pre-built-klaviyo-integration#started-checkout

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 February 2022, 19:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @kh_c,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

It’s not included in our example, but feel free to manually add the time field to the Started Checkout event payload. Just keep in mind that both events would have to be sent from the back end in order to work as you intend.

If you’re working with an Abandoned Cart flow, as an alternative solution, you can add a flow filter “Placed Order zero times in the last 3 hours”, that way even if the Started Checkout event comes after the Placed Order event, users who place an order after starting their checkout will be skipped from subsequent flow emails due to this filter.

I hope that is helpful.

Badge +2

Hi Dov, 

Thanks for the response.

Which means the time field does not work for `_learnq` right? 

KH

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @kh_c,

Thanks for your reply.

To clarify, you can either manually add in the time field (this should work for ‘_learnq’ for Started Checkout) or you can not alter the time in the request at all and just use the flow filter suggested to allow your Abandoned Cart flow to work as it should.

I hope that helps clarify things, if not perhaps you can elaborate a bit on how you’re drawing the conclusion that the time field does not work for `_learnq`.

Badge +2

Thank you DD.