We've updated our API versioning and retirement policy!

• 26 January 2024
  • 3 replies
We've updated our API versioning and retirement policy!
Badge

Attention Developer Group!

:hammer_and_wrench: We’ve updated our versioning and retirement policy on how we version our APIs, define non-breaking and breaking changes, and offer developer support throughout our API lifecycle.

:exclamation:Users of our legacy v1/v2 APIs, keep in mind that you have until June 30, 2024 (~5 months) to migrate to our latest stable API revision! We encourage you to turn to our migration resources and developer community for support.

What’s changed?

:book: Since we first released our versioning and retirement policy, our APIs have been versioned with revisions, or date-formatted snapshots of our API at a point in time (e.g., 2023-12-15). With the retirement of our v1/v2 legacy APIs on the horizon, we’ve updated our API lifecycle to clarify and standardize our API support:

• When a new revision is released, it is considered stable for 1 year, until it is retired.
  • Once a revision is retired, you’ll have 1 year to upgrade your apps and integrations to our latest stable revision before it is retired and access is removed (2 years from the revision’s release date).

What we recommend

:key: We recommend the following practices for effectively managing your API usage:

• Check out our changelog and subscribe to our developer newsletter (if you haven’t already) for important API updates.
  • Pin a static revision and connect your apps to our latest revision every 12-18 months.
  • Audit your API usage with Klaviyo’s API usage tools.

We are happy to offer our developers more support as we evolve and grow together!

Happy building!

Carley

Technical Writer | Developer Education

3 replies

Hi 

Can you please confirm what things we can do for Shopify on this API update?

Badge

Hi @shilpasood!

You don’t have to worry about Shopify for the v1/v2 retirement. This FAQ on Shopify should fully address your question. We have several migration resources on our developer portal you can check out for more information.

Best,

Carley

Badge

I have been trying to get my head around this. I’m currently using v1/v2 API’s for the following: Octane, Trustpilot and Yotpo SMSBump. 

Am I correct in saying that because Octane and Trustpilot are in the ‘Klaviyo connect integration directory’ there is no action required on my part. The APIs are connected with these supported third parties and these third parties are making changes on their side?

For Yotpo SMSBump, this API connection would require action on my part?

Thanks,

Wes