Solved

Black Email Background changes to white in dark mode mobile view. How can I prevent this from happening?

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

When I test my email on mobile view in dark mode the background (black) turns to white. Is there anyway to keep this from happening? 

Basically, I want to lock the color in place so that any mobile viewer sees the background as black always

Please help! 

Attached are the top two images of the original mobile views and the bottom two are the mobile previews with white backgrounds. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 18 August 2023, 16:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @elyserewire

Welcome to the Community! 

Based on our dark mode recommendations documentation, I would recommend transparent section backgrounds and block backgrounds to optimize your campaigns for dark mode! Additionally, we had a very insightful conversation around optimizing for dark mode in the thread below that I’d recommend checking out! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

The conversation thread was very helpful and choosing an image color as my background worked. 

The only thing I ended up having issues with towards the end was the header with the logo. It would not stay black. I ended up using images of text for this instead of using the links provided through klaviyo. This worked in dark mode and light. 

Thanks and hope this helps anyone else having issues like this.