Solved

Data feed products not lining up on desktop

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi, 

Many of our products in our data feeds have varying text lengths, and when our products are pulled into emails, many products titles take up 2-3 lines of text while others only have one, which leads to our product shots, titles, and buttons not lining up correctly on desktop emails. 

Is there a way to align products even with different text lengths?

icon

Best answer by BrainPorkins 10 February 2023, 21:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Beau 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community. Thank you so much for reaching out for help with your product block in an email.

At this time there is unfortunately not a way to enforce a character limit or otherwise align products of varying title lengths. The only workaround would be to create your own product block from scratch, manually adding the images, titles, and links to the product pages which you may be able to use the get the alignment you're looking for. I apologize for any inconvenience here and I'd be more than happy to pass on this feedback to the team to see if this is a formatting feature we'd be able to incorporate within our Product block in the future.

Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

I’d love this feature added also… 👍🏻

Badge +2

I’ve found a way to work around this.

I had the exact same problem - varying product description lengths made the grid align weirdly. All I needed was for the images to align at the top instead, and I managed to get that to happen.

Rather than creating a 1x3 or 2x4 product feed (or whatever the number of rows and dimensions are), instead, you need to create a column section and insert a 1x1 product feed into each column, and rather than have each feed “start at product 1”, you can incrementally set them to “1”, “2”, and “3” respectively.

For example, if your product feed is a row of three images, use a columns section, create 3 columns, and place a 1x1 product feed into each column. 

That was it for me! Everything lined up from there. You may have to adjust the padding of each 1x1 feed, but otherwise they should all align at the top just fine.

This doesn’t actually allow you change how the text works, but for me, aligning the images at the top made a huge difference.

Before: 

​​​​

After: