Solved

Flow Coupon Expiration Date Dynamic Tag

• 5 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Is there a way to dynamically pull in the coupon expiration date into a email in a Flow. I am generating the coupons at time of send and using {% coupon_code 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %} in the initial email and also the reminders. I would like to put a date in the email showing the expiration date. 

I have tried {% expiration_date 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %} with no luck. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by David To 7 September 2021, 15:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Ejames,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Although it is not possible to dynamically pull in the coupon’s expiration date, you can get around this by dynamically calculate and display the expiration date of the coupon in your email! You can do so by using the {% today '%Y-%m-%d' as today %} {{ today|days_later:7 }} variables as @retention had highlighted. You can find their solution as another Community post similar on this topic below:

I would also suggest taking a look at the How to Format Date Variables in Templates Help Center article to learn more about formatting dates within a template. 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +1

Any way to create dynamic coupons ( the coupon code can be email only ) in WooCommerce when someone subscribes to a list in Klaviyo.

I saw this possible for for Magento and Shopify.

Any actions in your plugin that will allows us to create a coupon code in WooCommerce or some other way when there is a successful subscription in Klaviyo.

I’m trying to test 5,7,9,11,13, 15 day coupon windows with different flows in an A/B test…

I’d like the coupon expiration to start when they subscribe or get the first welcome email…

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Marketingguy,

Although Klaviyo does not have the same coupon generation capability for WooCommerce as we would for Shopify and Magento; you can still offer dynamic coupons from Klaviyo when using a WooCommerce integration. If you haven’t had a chance to yet, I would suggest taking a look at our Guide to Creating Coupons in WooCommerce Help Center article. 

I’ve also previously explained this in a similar Community post which I’ve included below:

David

Badge +1

Here’s what my developer said: 

we need dynamic expiry date based on the send time.

yes in this case we are out of options with klaviyo+woo, since klaviyo has no control over woo's coupon expiry settings.

Is this accurate? Is there a workaround here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Marketingguy,

Gotcha, that would be accurate. Since Klaviyo isn’t actually the issuer/generator of these coupons, we would have no control over the issue date and thus be unable to determine a unique expiration date for the said coupon with WooCommerce. When using uploaded coupons, you can think of Klaviyo as randomly assigning those valid coupon codes within an email. The expiration date would typically be pre-determined within your WooCommerce/BigCommerce backend. 

Although there are no current work arounds for this within Klaviyo, you may want to explore if other third-party providers could help alleviate this limitation. Our Product Teams are actively working towards improving the integration capability Klaviyo has with WooCommerce and the ability to generate coupons from Klaviyo is a feature that has been shared with them on numerous occasions. When such a feature becomes available, I’m sure we’ll provide an announcement on it.

David